An Evangelical Pilgrimage
Random header image... Refresh for more!

Welcome to California

Nevada-City-main

Penn Valley, CA :: We are in California and I’m loving it. Although Oregon has become a very special place for me and I can see us settling there when this trip is finished, I am a California girl 100%.

Fall in Nevada County, California is wonderful. The deciduous trees flash bright red, orange and yellow between tall evergreen pines. The air smells wonderful. My sister describes it like, “mushy leaves and pine needles, old brick, rusty iron, cedar, mulled cider, incense, old books.” And I add that it is all warmed to a gentle simmering fragrance by the beautiful sun light that makes it way through the trees. Topped with a little bit of smoke from the wood stoves.

California has sun. Oregon sometimes has sun. California has my kind of sun, consistent. Today we all woke up with leaves stuck to our cars and wet roads thanks to the downpour that started at about 11:00 p.m. last night. But then, by 9:00 a.m. the sun was out and it will most likely remain out for the next few days. Right now my whole family is seated around the dining room table, speckled with sunlight shining warmly through every window. It just feels warm everywhere…even if it’s chilly.

I’m happy here even though I know we won’t stay here.

12 comments

1 Amber { 11.12.09 at 5:56 pm }

That picture is amazing. Glad you’re enjoying CA.

2 KEVIN { 10.10.11 at 3:10 pm }

what a beautiful fall colors.
pls let me know the place of this photo.
I’d like to visit there this weekend…

3 Kate { 10.10.11 at 4:09 pm }

Nevada City, CA

4 Waseem { 11.20.14 at 7:41 pm }

Hey MDG,Thanks for the info. Hope to find nice veg friendly reutnsraats at the West Coast. Nothing like that where I live. Can you imagine haven’t eaten out since 2 years !!!When I went on the road trip to the mid west, we packed our meals. But sad news, I may not be hitting Utah this month as the next month, I am supposed to go to Stanford, attend a conference and attract funding for my lab, so might just be busy preparing for that. It sucks. Actually I was so afraid of eating out that I did not use to go for such conferences. But this time, my boss almost forced me to do so. I even thought of changing my eating habits to become more social but cant do it unfortunately !!I am also an ex-non veg and turned a strict veg recently .Just curious if you quit vegetarianism due to similar social pressure etc ?

5 Xanaan { 11.21.14 at 3:58 pm }

家中壞腦 本文及這個回應都是借用別人的電腦寫的 請恕在下只能簡短回應 kursk, 完全同意 匿名君 話分兩頭 1) 今次先有黃世澤說要起通寶底 後有通寶封博 但從各方敘述 通寶好像沒有解釋過封博的原因 也許他厭倦筆戰 也許他事忙 也許他像我般 壞腦 只有他才知是甚麼原因 人們指摘黃世澤的起底行為是一回事 拿通寶封博作證據 又是另一回事 最奇怪是那個 思想花園 自己無端端封博 也許又有人會入黃世澤數 2) 就黃世澤的一般 起底 行為 例如公佈持異議者的 IP address 然後聲稱拒絕他們留言 我是不認同的 不過今次通寶事件是特例 事涉應當政治中立的公務員所享有的言論自由問題 這 不同人自有不同看法 例如今天 ESWN 就轉載了 AK 的見解 然而 當我昨晚寫這篇網誌時 有關的討論實在少之又少 我唯一看見的只有電鋸於 聞 見 思 錄 內認真討論這個黃世澤開宗明義就點明的事情 因此 至少截至昨晚為止 我對指摘黃世澤的一眾博客是有所保留的 問題不是他們指摘黃世澤的 起底 行為對不對 而是他們的指摘並無真的以理服人 只是拿著一個很方便 叫 言論自由 的東西加上一個未經證實的猜想 通寶是因害怕被起底而封博 來打擊黃世澤 林忌 我是好事之徒 口痕友 寫嘢有時加鹽加醋 請勿見怪 hiekrc, 是我寫得不好 我的意思不是說要每事出聲才有資格在此事上批評 而是說比起陳巧文 熊貓少女及遊K河少女這些極為明確的例子 黃世澤此例實在很弱 而眾人對他的指摘又顯得不成比例 你可以說黃世澤誤解了 公務員政治中立 的意思 別人同不同意是另一回事 因此他的行為其實仍是侵犯了通寶的言論自由 你也可以說通寶講得有道理 朱藹迪其實誤解了政府收數的合理性 因此政府並非借收數來限制朱的公民自由 這些通通都是可議的 但是當黃世澤以通寶所贊同之道還施其身 而其他人只拿黃世澤開刀 單方面視通寶為受害者 不將二人放在 equal ground 兼且無視黃所持的理由本身所擁有的合理討論基礎 即公務員的政治中立性 就向黃發難 我覺得並不妥當 不過補充一句 對黃世澤時不時作出的起底要脅 儘管是講多過做 我也是不認同的 以披露留言者的 IP address 為例 言論自由這些大題目姑且不說 若留言者用 dynamic IP address 黃此舉可能會令他人遭池魚之殃 方潤 呀 實在對不起 不過第三國成為另外兩國的戰場 是歷史上常見之事 你就看開點吧 ;-Dpaulymh: 不要動氣 見以上對 hiekrc 君回覆 我也看不過眼黃世澤對你的單打 就好像說你甚麼 不誠實使用電腦 此等言詞 你實在不必放在心上 你沒有用黃世澤的激烈言詞來回敬他 這點我是相當佩服的 不過你又何必和他纏鬥呢 你不會以為他罵你土共 別人就真的以為你是土共吧 最少我就從來沒有這麼想 時間寶貴 就算是打筆戰 都要選擇戰場呀

6 with cheap car insurance { 12.13.14 at 11:34 pm }

This information is off the hizool!

7 Martin { 03.03.15 at 9:15 pm }

Whoever edits and puiselhbs these articles really knows what they’re doing.

8 Arngelo { 04.03.15 at 12:13 pm }

Wow! Great to find a post with such a clear meesgas!

9 Lakatos { 04.08.15 at 5:06 pm }

These pieces really set a standard in the inrsdtuy.

10 degrees online { 04.20.15 at 6:08 pm }

This could not possibly have been more helpful!

11 degree programs { 04.20.15 at 6:10 pm }

I have a 2009 Honda Pilot and 3 kids and the Honda’s DVD Entertainment system only comes with 2 headsets. Hondas headsets are about $40-$50 each and since I don’t think any headset will last with my kids, I decided to try XO Vision. These headphones work with the DVD system, sound pretty good, fit head sizes both large and small at a fraction of the Honda OEM headset price. I decided to get two pairs as back up or to entertain others. For the price of under $20 you can’t go wrong.

12 http://carinsurancefiz.xyz/equitable-health-insurance.html { 07.14.15 at 4:30 pm }

I didn’t know where to find this info then kaboom it was here.